Sunday 17 November 2013

God Has Other Plans


When I married Papa Bear 21 years ago he was a business man but I had dreams he would become a farmer.

When we moved to Canada I had dreams we would finally buy that large tract of land I had been dreaming of for so many years.

But God had other plans. 

Today Papa Bear became the official Pastor of a little country church.

God had this plan for us even before leaving New Zealand. Someone gave us these verses in John 21.

Starting in verse 15 Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him. "Yes, Lord," Peter answers. "Then feed my lambs," replies Jesus.

A second time Jesus asks Peter, "Do you love Me?" in verse 16."Yes, Lord" says Peter. "Take care of My sheep," replies Jesus.

In verse 17 once again Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him. "Yes, Lord, You know that I love You," answers a frustrated Peter. "Then feed my sheep," finishes Jesus.



To me this narrative has 3 parts.
 
First to feed God's lambs, His little ones, His children. We have done that for the past 2 years as a family serving in children's church. Children's ministry.

Second to care for God's sheep, His disciples, His adult followers.
I believe that is the stage that God is having us enter now as a family. Pastoral care.

Third to feed God's sheep, to help them grow and mature. We don't know what that will look like but Papa Bear is thinking of doing a Ph.D. Maybe God will have him training His next generation of pastors. Divinity College Lecturer?







Wherever God has us headed it will be an adventure!



Mumzy









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Papa Bear - exciting journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete