Saturday 23 November 2013

A True Friend

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times
 
This verse means a lot to me.
I love living in Canada and I am glad that my family moved here but it is hard not seeing my best friend in almost four years.
 
We could be silly with one another, we could be serious. If something was on my mind I could talk to her. If something was on her mind she would talk to me.
 
I remember when we would not see each other in a little over a month and I would get really upset and long to see my best friend. Now it's been three years and eight months, and it's not getting any easier.
 
Sometimes I'll cry. Sometimes I wish that I could fly down and see her or that she would fly up here to see me. I know that's not going to happen anytime soon though.
 
Don't get me wrong I do love talking to her on the phone and we even send "old school" snail mail to each other with pictures attached. But it's not the same as seeing her in person, it's not the same as giving her a hug and going out for a hot chocolate and having a good talk.
 
I remember when we would eat so many Feijoas that we would feel sick.
 
I guess the point of this blog post is to say that friends and friendships are super important and never take them for granted. We are given good friends for a reason, cherish them.
 
My dear friend,
Thank you,
Thank you for the fun we had together. Thank you for always being by my side. I pray that as long as we live we will be the best of friends and the closest of allies.
May God bless you in all your endeavours.
With love,
Jelly Beans  








No comments:

Post a Comment