Tuesday 29 October 2013

....the words of my mouth.....

As you might have noticed I have not posted in a while. I have spent my weekend at a youth conference, which was absolutely awesome!!!!! The conference had three sessions so I will write three posts. Here is the first one.


On the first day everybody arrived and we all had the privilege to worship with the band and then hear the speaker do his thing.

That night he spoke about how our words are powerful, and how we need to be brave and get up and go to Jesus. Because He will stop and make time for us!! 

Real talk, he said...... REAL TALK .......

Why don't we use real talk?

I mean how many people are honest enough to tell you that they have done things that they shouldn't have, even when it means the consequences are painful?

How many people think of what they are saying before they say it?

How many people with all honesty can tell you that they have never 'joked' at someone else's expense, never called someone a name, never lied or bent the truth?

How many of those people are there out in the world? I mean really? I know that I am not one of them! Are you? Do you think before you speak?

I know that for me that is something that only GOD can truly change.

I know that it is important for us to think before we say, but also when we do stuff up realise what we have said and try to remedy the wrongs that we have caused. After all words are powerful.

God created the world by just saying, "Let there be.......". Our words have power and we need to make sure that we watch what we say. In Psalm 19:14 it says, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight , Oh LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

So I would like to challenge you, as well as myself, to watch what we say and get a 'checkup from the neck up'. Let Jesus come on in and change what we say, and even what we think.



Thanks and GOD Bless!!!
~Wiggles




     

No comments:

Post a Comment