Sunday 20 October 2013

1st Varsity Comp!

I would love to swim in this lake it looks so beautiful!
I have been racing at the competitive level in swimming ever since I was about 7 1/2 years old and I really love it. I am so glad that I am able to compete with my Varsity team! We had a great meet this weekend and are geared up for the next one in two weeks!

The men's team came second and the women's team came fourth. I was in two of the relays on the women's side, we came fourth in both. It is truly a wonderful experience being on a team and helping them to go fast and race well.

I also came fourth in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:43.12. It was a slow time but not bad none-the-less. I came 12th in the 50 backstroke, 18th in the 200 freestyle (nasty race, but what can you do?) 20th in the 50 freestyle and 13th in the 100 individual medley. This really surprised me because my breaststroke is soooooo awful it is amazing I go anywhere! :)

Overall I am very pleased with my results from the first meet of the season, and with how well our team went. I had a great room mate and the five hour bus ride wasn't that bad (honest!).

With Love,
Jelly Beans



1 comment:

  1. Great results Jelly Beans. I'm so glad you have maintained your swimming and continue to make such great progress. It truly is a reflection on your dedication and determination.
    Lots of love to you and I hope your new study challenge is going well.

    ReplyDelete