Friday 10 January 2014

Silence



My house is silent tonight.


Wiggles is at a birthday party. Kiwi Boy has gone to dine at a friends for supper. Jelly Beans is at a swim meet. Papa Bear is an official at the same swim meet (no disqualifying our delightful daughter you hear. Well ok, but only if she does something really wrong like cheating on her turns).


And I am at home quietly enjoying the silence.


That is apart from the soft rattle of the snoring dog by the fire... And the murmuring music coming from a radio left on upstairs... And the gentle gurgle of a fish tank filter...
And the quiet hum of the pallet fire working at the other end of the house...


So I suppose I'm not home quietly enjoying the silence at all. Its more like enjoying being home in the quiet.


No loud voices calling... No raucous computer games... No blaring TV shows... Just comfortable quiet for a few hours.


I can't wait until they all come home. I'm lonely!


Maybe its time to have some more kids... Maybe three or four... We could adopt... From Eastern Europe... Lithuania sounds good...


Mumzy



No comments:

Post a Comment