Friday 20 December 2013

Are we grateful?


Do you ever stop and think of all the blessings that you have?

Sometimes I go through my day in such a hurry, not thinking about what a blessed life I am enjoying.

Yes life is very busy, there are so many things on the go, yet we need to stop and smell the roses. Stopping to think about the little things that mean so much really can add a splash of excitement to things that we need to get done.



I was digging my way to the chicken house today, as the snow is a good three odd feet deep. Doing my best to make a "road" out to them. I was only focusing on the hard work, wondering why we have chickens anyway.



And I almost missed the beautiful Bald Eagle that flew low level overhead looking at what the "silly" human was doing. Perhaps he was thinking that I was going to get a chicken for his dinner. I had almost missed the best part of working outside in the crisp winter air.



Perhaps more of the things we do, can mean so much more, by just lifting our head and seeing what blessings are all around us.

Papa Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment