Thursday 13 March 2014

What happened to March BREAK?



This week is March Break. So far there has been no "break" about it!


Sure we haven't done any school but I don't feel rested at all.


I spent the weekend glued to the computer trying to find out all the possible outcomes of a certain disorder that the local adoption services people feel one or all of the children may have. What a depressing thing to do!


If one, two, or all of my children were born with any type of disorder or disability I would not spend the first week of their life trying to decide if I wanted to parent them or not. They are my child!


I would learn about their needs, adapt what I know and how I do it. I would search out the help and support they need. I would fight for them.


I would LOVE them.


Not judge them or my abilities to parent them. I would not desert them just because they were not "perfect" by the worlds standards.


If God loves them (and He does!), and if God's love lives in me (which it does), then I have all the love and ability to support and seek the help that they need to blossom into the amazing people God created them to be.


On Monday we sent our Acceptance Letter for this beautiful sibling group to Lithuania. Now we are waiting for the local Adoption Services to decide that giving these children a family is more important than whether we may require outside services or not.


Please continue praying!


Mumzy







No comments:

Post a Comment