Tuesday 11 February 2014

Prayer


Yesterday I received a phone call from my Mum back in New Zealand. While I shared the joy and excitement of growing our family through adoption she shared the sorrow of my Step Dad's illness.


 
About four or five weeks ago my Step Dad went to see the doctor after having some chest pain. When they attached the monitors onto his chest the nurse noticed a large oddly shaped mole on his tummy. After some tests were done it was confirmed to be skin cancer.

This week he went back to the doctor and five more melanomas have been found on his body. He is to have an operation in three weeks on the large one on his tummy. If the doctors are unable to remove it all they have estimated his life span to be only 6 months more.

It is so hard to be on the other side of the world and not be able to see him. So hard to not be able to give him and my Mum a hug. To help them as they need it.

What I can do is pray!

Pray for courage, pray for peace, and pray that they know The Saviour fully and personally.

God Almighty sees all, knows all, and loves all!

We love you Mum and Dad,

Mumzy


No comments:

Post a Comment